We planned and organized this special ALL-INCLUSIVE package for the adventurers who want to discover the south. Just show up and we'll take care of the rest -- transportation, activities, and meals. 🙌
✓ Experience a super jeep adventure in Þórsmörk, the Valley of the Thunder God Thor
✓ Witness extensive daylight hours (the midnights sun from mid May until mid August. 24 hours daylight from from May to July)
✓ Explore the surroundings of the famous Eyjafjallajökull, the volcano that erupted in 2010
✓ Discover amazing and breathtaking south coast sites such as Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls, Reynisfjara the black sand beach and Dyrhólaey island
✓ Ice-walk at Sólheimajökull Glacier and get an introduction to the glacial world
✓ Hike Reykjadalur (geothermal area) and bath in a hot river
✓ Explore the Icelandic highlands
✓ Accommodations filled with local people and good vibes. Comfortable beds and fun decor. Delicious food, locally brewed beer at the bar, ping pong table, and did we mention a rooftop hot tub to check out for the Northern lights?! 😍
- Arrive at Keflavík International Airport (KEF) before 11:00AM. Your guide will be there to welcome you.
- On our way to the south we will explore the Reykjavík peninsula which some people think looks like the moon!
- On the way you will stop for lunch and also do some sightseeing to give you a feel for what Iceland is all about, the landscape, and the geothermal power underneath.
Late afternoon/ evening:
- If you arrive early to your accommodation (depending on your flight) we recommend you start by visiting the amazing Lava Centre (a few minutes walk from the accommodation).
- Enjoy an Icelandic dinner at hotel and interact with locals (or other visitors)
- Depending on the group you will either go on a short evening hike or relax in the rooftop hot tub and sauna.
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet at hotel.
- Explore the beautiful south coast. Possible stops include: Skógafoss waterfall, Seljalandsfoss waterfall (you can walk behind it!), black sand beach, Vík, Reynisfjara and Dyrhólaey.
- Visit the Sólheimajökull outlet glacier to witness the ongoing changes on the glaciers. To give you a better introduction of the glacier world, you'll fasten your crampons and take on a short hike on the glacier.
- If time allows, you head all the way to Vik but we will adjust to daylight and weather.
- Return to hotel and visit the local swimming pool.
- Dinner at hotel.
- Evening activities may include drinks at the bar and sharing stories. However, if you have the energy, you can go on an evening bike ride.
- After the hotel breakfast, you'll head to Þórsmörk, the valley of the Thunder God Thor. Þórsmörk was made in eruptions underneath the glaciers that makes its wonderful landscape.
- On your way inside the valley, you'll explore the surroundings of the volcano Eyjafjallajökull, which erupted in 2010. Then you'll stop by the outlet glacier Gígjökull where the eruption first presented itself.
- Dinner at the hotel
- Activities may include swimming pool, Lava Centre, evening hike, or rooftop hot tub.
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Depending on weather, perhaps hike and warm bath in Reykjadalur, the geothermal area or the Golden Circle, or the Þjórsárdalur Valley.
- At the end of the day we take you to Keflavík International Airport (KEF) or Reykjavík. If you are flying home on this day your flight should depart 7:00PM or later.
- If you decide to extend your stay we are of course more than willing to help you book your accommodation in Reykjavík or help you extend your trip elsewhere.
- We can also drop you off at the Blue lagoon (entrance not included and pre-booking is required).
- Reykjavík/airport pick up on day 1 and drop off in Reykjavík/airport on day 4
- Accommodation in bunk beds (6 bed dorm). For upgrades, see below.
- Guided tours all days
- Ice walk
- Northern light evening tour given good forecast
- All meals (except breakfast on arrival day and dinner on departure day)
- Travel Insurance
- Personal Expenses
- Upgrade of accommodation. To upgrade to a private double room with private bathroom the price is $170 USD per person for all total nights (based on double occupancy). To upgrade to a family room for four people with shared bathroom the price is $125 USD per person for all total nights (based on four people occupancy).
- Extension of trip
- Private trip
WHAT TO PACK:
Please see our checklist here.
- By purchasing this travel package, you agree to Nomoon's BOOKING AGREEMENT and travel insurance and refund policies.
We currently offer this package April through September. Please contact us for other dates. ☎
Price is based on a group of 4 participants. If less in your party, please contact us for rates.
Nomoon reserves the right to delay, alter or cancel any tour due to weather or any other unsafe conditions for the safety of our clients.
As you know, we’re all about sustainable travel and supporting local businesses – by booking this Nomoon tour, you will help create a better environment and stronger local communities.