One of our favorite Guatemalan tours -- visiting nearby villages and supporting locals and artisans in Antigua.
Watch our Insta Story for inspo!
- Cerro de La Cruz where your guide will describe Antigua's historical past and current events.
- Visit San Juan Del Obispo, famous for its local workshops, specializing in fermented drinks and artisanal chocolate. The highlight of this village is the Bishop’s Palace.
- Stop by a fruit stand where you can relax on swings overlooking the green valleys below.
- Lush macadamia farm where you'll learn about the the farming methods and see the 'botanical bathroom' -- a must for jungalow-lifestyle fans. Feel free to indulge in a mini massage with macadamia oils and lotions.
- Visit San Antonio Agua’s Calientes, a village known for its weaving cooperatives, famous for its handmade handicrafts. Learn about the backloop weaving, exclusive techniques of the Mayans.
After the tour, you have the option to add a lunch stop at our favorite cafe in Antigua.
- Pick up and drop off in air conditioned vehicle
- Driver and guide
- Sample macadamia nuts, oils, and lotions
- Sips of hot chocolate and fermented fruit drinks similar to sweet wine
- Coconut drink at fruit stand
- Village life and weaving co-op of women artisans
- Learn about the cultural history of Antigua
- Lunch at a botanical garden cafe (optional, meal exlcuded)
Duration: 5 hours (depends on group's pace)
Ticket price: Private only - $50 per person (min 2, max 8)
Note: Must be 21+ over for alcohol consumption
Capacity: 8 people maximum per tour, if your group is larger than 8, please contact us.
If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please let us know at least 72 hours in advance.
As you know, we’re all about sustainable travel and supporting local businesses – by booking this Nomoon tour, you will help create a better environment and stronger local communities.