We’ll gather round a street stall and order soft tacos with fresh, bright, delicious tasting salsas—drink cold Mexican beer, sip smoky mezcals, listen with moist eyes to sentimental songs from street musicians. We will look around and remark, for the hundredth time, what an extraordinary place this is. – Anthony Bourdain
We love Mexico City and tacos. So of course we combined them and curated the perfect tour for you — a bit of culture and a lot of tacos.
We’ll begin in the Centro Histórico near the Zócalo (main plaza) and Bellas Artes. You’ll interact with friendly local vendors while supporting their businesses and discovering Mexico City’s street food and culture scene. By the end of this tour, you’re going to be full and knowledgeable!
This tour is customized specifically for those who love to eat and also want to feel connected to the soul of Mexico City. Ideal for first-time visitors and taco lovers.
- 10+ tastings, bites and sips – including vendor demonstrations, a chocolatería, the city’s oldest pulquería and the Mercado San Juan
- Enjoy a delicious variety of authentic regional and specialty tacos, a torta, tastings at the gourmet chef market and Oaxacan chocolate
- Indulge in a pre-hispanic pulque drink at the the city’s oldest pulquería
- Visit historical cantina with choice of Mexican beer, mezcal, or tequila
- Marvel at Centro Histórico highlights, including the Zócalo, Casa de los Azulejos, Bellas Artes and more
- Gratuities included
Start: Tours run Monday – Saturday at 10:00am
Duration: 3 hours (depends on group’s pace)
Walking Distance: 1.5 miles, suitable for people of all fitness levels
Private – $75 per person (minimum 2)
Note: Must be 21+ over for alcohol consumption
Minimum participants: Minimum of 2 participants is needed for the tour.
Capacity: 10 people maximum per tour.
If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please let us know at least 72 hours in advance. Do note that most of these taco places include pork and beef.
As you know, we’re all about sustainable travel and supporting local businesses – by booking this Nomoon tour, you will help create a better environment and stronger local communities.