Unforgettable experience. Our Northern Lights small group tour in Iceland takes you to see a spectacular natural phenomenon which happens during the winter months. The Northern Lights, also known as Aurora Borealis, are caused by the interaction of particles from the sun with the upper atmosphere near the North Pole. Northern Lights in Iceland may be visible from late August to April. You can read our article about Northern Lights here.
The locations visited during the Northern Lights tour vary from day to day depending on weather conditions. Because this tour is weather dependent, sightings are not guaranteed. However, if you don‘t see any Northern Lights during this tour, try the tour again, free of charge!
• Introduction to the Northern Lights at Aurora Reykjavik Museum, including a short photography lesson
• Northern Lights hunting with a professional guide
• Stargazing under the Arctic Night Sky
• Small group experience away from the crowds (max 19 persons)
Pick-up: Between 20:00 and 20:30 in Reykjavik City area
Duration: 3-5 hours
Departures: Daily 25th Aug – 15th Apr
Aurora Reykjavik Museum, Grandagarður 2, 101 Reykjavík
• Fully Guided Tour – English Speaking
• Transport by Comfortable Mini Bus
• Entrance Fee for Aurora Reykjavik Museum (1.600 ISK)
• Hot Chocolate & Treats during the Tour
• Free Pickup / Dropoff in Reykjavik City
Price: $100 USD per person
If you’re interested in a private group tour, please let us know – we can make it happen!
Camera Rental Available at Aurora Reykjavik Museum
You can rent a DSLR camera and tripod for your Northern Lights hunt at the Aurora Reykjavik Museum. Bring your own SD card or buy it at the Museum. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
As you know, we’re all about sustainable travel and supporting local businesses – by booking this Nomoon tour, you will help create a better environment and stronger local communities.