Only a two-hour drive from Mexico City, head out to Puebla, not for just a day trip, but at least for two nights (it's a stand-alone destination in its own right). Known for its molé, tiles, and beautiful colonial architecture, it has become our must-visit Mexican city.
Ideal add-on to our Mexico City Weekender.
Watch our Insta highlight here.
Oh, as a bonus, your local guide is also a very good photographer. Your social media posts will look divine.
This is a sample itinerary only (always customizable):
COLOR + ARCHITECTURE
Walk through the city (half-day) with our local guide and discover one of the most vibrant landscapes. With 79 churches (each has its own personal design and colors) street markets, and an actual candy lane, you'll discover the sights and sounds of Puebla.
With your remaining half-day, visit a museum or relax at our partnered hotel.
Overnight at hotel.
HISTORY + CULTURE
Start the day with a private tour of your choice:
1. Visit the pyramids in Cholula (includes the Lady of the Remedies Church and handicraft markets, lunch at the food market included)
2. Volcano Hiking (includes hiking trails and picnic with volcano views)
3. Tlaxcala and Cacaxtla Villages (art murals and baroque church, and a local lunch)
After the tour, have some leisure time to enjoy your day or ask us about other custom experiences (e.g. mezcal class, etc.)
Overnight at hotel.
EAT + RELAX
Start the day with a food experience of your choice:
1. Molé cooking class
2. Mezcal Tasting (never too early for mezcal)
3. Market + Food (food markets and local restaurants to sample Puebla's traditional cuisine)
After the tour, have some leisure time to enjoy your day or ask us about other custom experiences.
Drop-off at airport or extend your stay.
Starts at $500 USD per person, varies by season, hotel selection, and group size.
Before making payment, please contact us first for availability. We accept Venmo, Google Pay, and PayPal.
- Accommodation with one of our hotel partners (4 or 5 stars)
- Activities and experiences with local guide/photographer
- Restaurant bookings
- 24/7 Nomoon customer service (in case of emergency)
- Travel Insurance
- Meals on your own
- Personal Expenses
UPON REQUEST ADD-ONS:
- Mexico City
- Private transportation
- Other optional tours
- By purchasing this travel package, you agree to Nomoon's BOOKING AGREEMENT and travel insurance and refund policies.
We currently offer this package all-year round. Please contact us for availability. ☎
As you know, we’re all about sustainable travel and supporting local businesses – by booking this Nomoon tour, you will help create a better environment and stronger local communities.