Join Sami guides for an unforgettable experience of reindeer sledding and Sami culture. After the sledding, you will visit their camp and have a chance to feed the cutest herd of reindeer.
You will then gather inside the lavuu (Sami tent) ⛺️for a hot traditional Sami meal and listen to stories about Sami culture around the roaring campfire. Your host will also perform a joik (traditional Sami song).
Reindeer sledding is the oldest known form of transportation in the north and central part of the Sami culture. The camp is run by authentic Sami people with long reindeer herding traditions. By taking part in this daytime experience, you’ll be charmed by these gentle furry fairytale-like creatures and supporting locals!
Watch our Insta Highlight for inspo!
Dates: November 1st – April 30th
Duration: 4-5 hours
- Scenic transfers (45 min each way) from Raddison Blu Hotel in downtown Tromsø (departure at 10am)
- Knowledgeable English-speaking Sami guide
- Thermal winter suit, warm boots, hat, mittens
- Reindeer sledding (approx. 30 min, depending on weather and snow conditions)
- Feeding the herd
- Hot traditional Sami meal (bithos) and hot drinks (vegetarian option available on request)
- Storytelling and joik (music)
- Upgrade to overnight in lavvo (Sami tent) or go on Northern Lights chase with reindeer sledding, contact us for dates.
- Private group tours can be arranged – just let us know.
* If conditions change, we have the right to amend the duration of the reindeer sledding.
* Alternative: The Reindeer Sledding is subject to snow and when there is not enough snow we offer Reindeer Feeding and Sami Culture instead.